Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Better Morning With Just a Few Hitches

This morning started off okay. I managed to pick up some more work which is always nice and the pay is starting to climb. Still haven't made my goal for just one normal day, but it is improving. Every dime counts at this point so I am happy.

Now on to dinner. I thawed out a bag of meat that my husband had used the FoodSaver on. He doesn't label these bags, but I thought it was chicken. I even had a new recipe to try. Well, it turns out the chicken I had thawed was actually turkey so I had to find another recipe and make sure I had all of the ingredients. I am bound and determined to not go to the grocery store. I managed to do so although I won't be using the slow cooker today. I love a slow cooker as it seems to save so much time.

Next I headed out to our family room to play Wii with the kids. For some reason, our Wii Sports game will not work. It won't go all the way into the machine. Every other game works so it appears to be a problem with the disc. Now, if my son can find the receipt, we have to take it back. I hate returns.

As there was nothing left to do other than declutter my daughter's room (which is a total disaster), I sat down to force myself to work. I managed to pick up a few new projects, including one with a bonus as another writer had let it expire. I love those where you get a huge bonus for a two minute job. After doing two more projects, I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the projects was at the new pay. Our company recently raised the price of certain projects to those clients not under contract. Although this pay raise was not significant, over time it will add up.

Overall, I would say today is off to a great start. I know what we are having for dinner so I don't have to go to the grocery store. Work is picking up and the pay has gone up in some areas. Now if the magic fairy would appear to clean my daughter's room, it will be perfect. One can hope.

5 comments:

  1. I might have tried the turkey as a substitute. Especially in the slow cooker you sometimes get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do without my slow cooker. I've used mine so much that it's time to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your slump has ended;I hope it's a trend. My day always goes better when I have dinner planned in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am avoiding the grocery store at all costs too! Great job on the work you found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am determined to not go to the grocery store. I could not live without my slow cooker either Nicole. Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Now off to write.

    ReplyDelete